The Augustus Bridge (German: Augustusbrücke, full name: Friedrich-August-Brücke) is located on the Elbe River in the center of Dresden, the German state of Saxony, and the Altstadt (Inner Altstadt, “Inner Altstadt”) and Neustadt , “inner new city”).
It is reported that the first bridge was built in 1070. The second bridge was the Duke of Saxony and King of Poland II from 1727 to 1731. It was built by Baroque architect Matthäus Daniel Pöppelmann in August and was built under the supervision of construction master Johann Gottfried Fehre. The bridge, which measures 402 meters in length, has 17 arches. In 1907, a bridge was still being used today.