Skip to content
- 4 pieces Pigs Feet/Hocks -halves
- 14 pieces all spice pellets
- 4/5 pieces pepper
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt as needed
- 2 pieces Veal chops or cubes – shoulder cut
- 2 pieces Pork chops
- Wash pigs feet (hocks) and put into pot of war to boil. Boil until foam appears. skim foam
- Put another pot to boil. Take pigs feet out of first pot, rinse and put into second pot
- To second pot add ingredients: bay leaves, carrots, allspice, pepper corns, salt.
- Meanwhile trim the veal and pork. Cut into small pieces. Add this to the pigs feet already boiling in the pot. Let pot simmer guilty while skimming any foam from the pot
- Boil until meat separates from the bones (approx. 3 – 4 hours)
- Pour everything through a sieve; save the liquid. Wait for meat to cool. Pick through stuff throwing out everything except the mat and carrots
- Cut the meat into small strips. Put all the meat and carrots into the bottom of a large bowl, then pour the liquid over the meat and place in the refrigerator.
- Once the bowl has jellied, there will be a coating of fat on top. Scrape off the top.
- Reheat the suit, and pour into smaller bowls and put back into the fridge.
- When serving turn upside down and serve with white vinegar. and boiled new potatoes