Skip to content
- 3lbs potatoes
- 2 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 1lb kale
- 1pinch salt
- 1pinch graund pepper
- 1lb smoked sausage
- 1⁄2cup milk
- 2tablespoons butter
- Peel and dice potatoes and onions.
- Clean, trim and slice kale.
- Add the potatoes, onion, kale, a bay leaf, a pinch of salt and just enough water to cover all in a 3 qrt pan.
- Cover and boil gently for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile steam the smoked sausage for the same amount of time and slice.
- Remove the bay leaf, drain the vegetables, and mash them.
- Add milk and butter.
- Stir in the hot, sliced smoked sausage, add salt and pepper to taste and serve.