- 500 g beef mince
- 225 g pork mince
- 225 g lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Mix together all ingredients until thoroughly combined. Refrigerate for several hours for flavours to meld and mixture to firm.
- Heat grill. Using slightly dampened hands, divide meat mixture into 6 portions. Form into thin patties, 20 cm x 1cm, or about the size of a small dinner plate.
- Grill, broil or pan fry pljeskavica about 7 minutes per side. Indoor grills work well, too. Serve with spring onions or chopped raw onion, tomatoes, pogacha and Serbian potato salad or coleslaw on the side. Some Serbs place the patty on a large bun like an Australian hamburger.