- ½chicken, bones left in
- ½ kgbeef, bones left in
- 2carrots, halved
- 1parsley root, halved
- 1celery, cut into large pieces
- ½leek, cut into large pieces
- 2dried mushrooms (optional)
- 1whole onion, delicately charred on a skillet
- 1 tspblack peppercorns
- 2dried bay leaves
- cooked angel hair pasta, to serve
- fresh parsley, to serve
- salt and pepper
Place the meat in a large soup pot and cover with 2 litres of cold water. Bring water to the boil, skim carefully, then lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
Next, add the carrot, parsley, celery, leek, mushrooms and onion to the soup, with some salt, peppercorns and bay leaves. Simmer over low heat for an additional hour.
Remove meat and vegetables, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Strain if required. Serve with angel hair pasta, chopped carrots and fresh parsley.