Skip to content
- 1cup flour
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking powder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2cups milk (or less)
- 3tablespoons onions, grated
- sour cream (optional garnish)
- chives (or green onions for optional garnish)
- lingonberry jam
- Peel, rinse and grate the raw potatoes into a bowl of very cold water. (If you’re starting this the night before, cover bowl and refrigerate potatoes in the water til morning.).
- Drain potato shreds in a wire mesh strainer or colander and using your hands, press as much moisture out as possible. Cover with a paper towel and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper and one cup of the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Add the grated onion, eggs and remaining milk, if needed to make a slightly thin batter. Whisk until combined.
- Stir the potato shreds into the batter.
- Heat griddle or large frying pan to about 350°F and rub the griddle with a thin coat of canola oil (I use a paper towel to do this & you may need to reapply between each batch).
- When oil is hot, pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the griddle and cook until golden on the bottom. Flip pancake over and cook until golden on that side.
- Serve with sour cream & chives or lingonberry jam.