Skip to content
- Coarsely chop up the almond paste with a knife until it is in small quarter-size chunks, and place the almond paste in the bowl of a large stand mixer.
- Add the powdered sugar to the mixing bowl and mix them together on low speed with the paddle attachment until the almond paste has broken down and everything has a fine, sandy texture.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the egg whites until everything comes together in a ball in the mixer. You may find that you do not need to add all of the egg whites.
- Once the marzipan has formed a ball, take it out of the mixer, dust a work station with powdered sugar, and knead the marzipan until it is completely smooth and has a nice, pliable texture.
- You can use the marzipan immediately, or wrap it up for later use. To store it, wrap it tightly with plastic wrap and then place it in a zip-top plastic bag. Marzipan will keep for 3 months in the refrigerator or up to 6 months in the freezer. Make sure to bring marzipan to room temperature before using it.