- 1 cup Butter
- 1 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 6 Eggs
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 3 cups Unbleached Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 3 to 4 tsp. Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 5 or 6 TBL Milk
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grease a Bundt Pan with some spray stuff or butter
- In a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy…. 5 or minutes.
- Add Vanilla… beat in.
- Add Eggs, one at a time…beating and scraping between each egg.
- Scrape often, and make sure each egg is completely incorporated before adding another.
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a larger measuring cup.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and sour cream into the butter mixture, beat at low speed all the while, until the ingredients are just combined.
- Take half of the batter, and spread it into the bottom of the prepared bundt pan. Set aside.
- To the rest of the batter, add the cocoa powder and the milk. Beat until completely combined.
- Spread the chocolate batter over the vanilla batter.
- Using a knife, swirl the two flavors together by scooping in and up and over….. sort of like folding. Don’t go bananas and make it a total mix, just swirl them a bit.
- Put in the oven and bake for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Check…. a toothpick inserted should come out clean. If it doesn’t …. add some time.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes…. Then turn out of pan.
- Let cool completely.
- Sprinkle with Powdered Sugar or Make an Icing
- Stir or whisk all icing ingredients until combined. If it’s thick…add more milk… if it’s thin… add more sugar.