- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Kunefe Kadayif:
- 150g shredded kadayif dough
- 100g butter
- 1 tbsp extra butter to brush the pan
- 100g unsalted melting cheese, chopped
- 1 tsp ground pistachio for topping
- Start with preparing the syrup. Pour water and sugar in a pot and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for about 30 minutes until it gets a little thicker. Let it cool.
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Cut shredded kadayif dough into small pieces. You can do it in a food processor too.
- Melt butter and combine kadayif shreds with butter very well.
- Brush the bottom of a 9 inch pan with 1tbsp butter.
- Spread half of the shreds in the pan evenly.
- Toss over chopped cheese evenly.
- Finish it by spreading the remaining kadayif shreds on cheese and press on them with your palm.
- Bake it for about 40 minutes, until golden.
- Pour lukewarm syrup over it as soon as you take it out of oven.
- Let it absorb the syrup and serve immeidately while it’s still hot with ground pistachio on the top.