Skip to content
- 10 -12medium potatoes, boiled and cold
- 1 1⁄4cups all-purpose flour
- 8ounces bacon, the smoked and slightly salted one, cut into small pieces
- 1onion, finely chopped
- 1teaspoon whole allspice, coarlsey crushed
- Mash the potatoes.
- Stir in egg and flour making a smooth dough.
- Fry onion and bacon in some butter.
- Add allspice or white pepper to taste, set aside.
- Shape the dough into a log with floured hands cut into 12 pieces.
- Make a little pocket and fill with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Close and shape into a ball.
- Put about 4-5 at a time in simmering salted water, big pot, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- kakorna will sink and when they have floated to the top they are ready.
- Serve with a thin béchamel sauce or melted butter.