Skip to content
- 1 recipe – 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 loaf (1 pound) white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
- 1 recipe – 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 recipe (to taste) salt and pepper
- Butter one 9×11 inch baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, combine the onion, parsley and butter. Cook until onions begin to brown. Pour over bread cubes and toss well.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over the bread and onion mixture; mix well and allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Firmly press mixture into baking dish; tightly cover with aluminum foil.
- Place baking dish on a rack in a larger pot with 3 inches of water. Cover pot and steam for 1 hour. Remove from pot and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Drizzle with melted butter before serving.