- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- In a medium size pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Sauté onion, pepper, and carrot until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chopped tomatoes then cook for 5 more minutes stirring frequently.
- Mix in the rice, peas, paprika, and chili powder, if using. If you like it spicy, adjust the amount of chili powder.
- Next, add broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves.