Church of Saint Nicholas in Tallinn (Estonia)
The first Classicist church building with twin towers in Tallinn was designed by Luigi Rusca, an architect from St. Petersburg, and constructed in the period of 1820–1827.
The church’s valuable iconostas is almost as famous as the Zarudnev iconostas in the Church of the Transfiguration of Our Lord. The remains of Arseny, a metropolitan of Rostov and Yaroslavl, who died as a prisoner in Tallinn in 1772 and who was declared a saint in the year 2000, are located in the church.
The church is administered by an orthodox congregation that belongs to the Moscow Patriarchate.