- 2 540 ml 19 fl oz cans mix bean blend
- 2 cups of sliced smoked sausage ie. kielbasa
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill
- 1 680 ml 23 fl oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Frank’s hot sauce
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot, heat the olive oil and add the sliced sausage and fry for a couple minutes.
Add onion and garlic and cook for another 3 to 5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
Add red pepper and continue cooking for a couple more minutes.
Rinse the beans and add them to the pot along with the tomato sauce and water. Add the spices, and hot sauce and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
A couple minutes before removing the pot off the heat, add the chopped dill and parsley.