Homemade Bratwurst Ingredients:
- 5-lbs ground pork, fine grind
- 4-tsp sugar
- 1-tbsp ground coriander
- 1-tbsp ground sage
- 1-tsp paprika
- 1-tsp cayenne pepper
- 2-tsp dried rosemary
- 1-tbsp dry mustard
- 1-tsp pepper
- 1-tsp nutmeg
- 5-tsp salt
Homemade Bratwurst Instructions
- Hand-trim fat from the outside of meat to your desired fat preference.
- Grind the meat using a fine grinding plate.
- After grinding, add the sausage seasonings to the meat and blend by hand or use a meat mixer. Be sure to mix thoroughly to ensure the ingredients are spread evenly throughout the meat.
- Stuff by hand or by using a sausage stuffer or sausage stuffing attachment for an electric meat-grinder. (Note: do NOT use the blade in meat-grinder when stuffing and it is best to use a stuffing (bean) plate). If you wish, You can also form patties without casings.