- 300 grams bread flour
- pinch of salt
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 0,2 l water (lukewarm)
- 2 kg apples (Golden Delicious)
- 150 grams granulated sugar
- 30ml dark rum
- 150 grams raisins
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 lemons (juice and peel)
- 300 grams butter (unsalted)
- 300 grams bread crumbsRecipeKnead flour, salt, oil and water into a medium-firm dough. Divide into 3 small round loaves, brush each loaf with melted butter and let sit for 1 hour.
Peel, core and slice apples. Mix in granulated sugar, raisins, grated lemon peel, lemon juice, rum, cinnamon.
Roast butter and bread crumbs.
Roll the dough loaves with a rolling pin, then stretch rolled dough on a strudel sheet with the backs of your hands.
Coat 2/3 of dough sheet with buttered breadcrumbs, spread apple filling over remaining 1/3 of dough.
Tear off edges, shape strudel into roll by lifting strudel sheet.
Place strudel on a buttered baking sheet and brush with melted butter.
Bake strudel for 60 to 90 minutes in a 400 degrees F to 425 degrees F (200 to 220 degrees Celsius) oven.